Bring the season into your home with these easy-to-make candles and create your favourite holiday scent.
- 2 cups soy wax for candle making
- Natural candle wick
- 15-20 drops Douglas Fir essential oil
- 15-20 drops Frankincense essential oil
- Popsicle sticks
- 250mL glass jar or tin canister
- Glass measuring cup
- Decorative holiday or burlap ribbon (optional)
- Place measuring cup with wax in a few centimetres of boiling water to create a double boiler
- Add Frankincense and Douglas Fir essential oils (or any other oils you would like to try out)
- When the wax is melted in the double boiler use a spoon to drip a little bit of wax at the bottom of your jar or canister.
- Stick the wick in place while the wax is still liquid. Hold the wick in place until the wax is cool and hardened.
- Pour in the melted wax to fill your jar using 2 popsicle sticks to keep the wick in place while the wax is cooling and hardening.
- Wait 45 minutes for the wax to cool and harden. You may wish to put the candle in the fridge to speed up this process.
- Once the candle is hardened, trim the wick so that it sits about a centimetre above the top of the wax.
- Optionally, glue on your decorations. The possibilities are endless!